Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Knee

I have been so off point every since last Thursday, you see I decided to take 2 classes on Wednesday a Pilate's class and also my normal boot camp. Well what I forgot was that Wednesday night I had a presentation so that was another 3 hours on my feet. Then came Thursday morning...OMG I tried to get out of my bed and what happen I could not stand on my right leg at all, my knee was swollen the size of a small watermelon, I couldn't believe it! I push through the pain to get dressed, I had clients at 9:30 am and I needed to get my son to school.

After my 9:30am meeting I had a full day of meetings and clients( when you own your own company who do you call in too???) I suffer all day,up and down, still trying to be fly. I made it to the end of my day, came home iced the knee and to no prevail Friday I couldn't walk. So I called in backup to help take care of my son and I was off my feet until Monday.

Monday morning I go to the Dr's 'we need an Mri', she says, oh boy I am thinking. I have not exercised since Wednesday and needless to say I have exercised no discretion either in my eating.. Even though it is only 100 calories you don't eat the whole box! Well you do if you are me. You see I eat when I am bored and yet I stayed accountable by tracking my WW points oh the points.

My new friend Wonderful Max set me flowers and wanted to come over, I still think it is to early for that,but I was so grateful that he took the time to call and check in me daily and to see if there was anything that he could do.

Now I sit here with arthritis in my knee, working out slowly but surely and trying to get back on track. I have learned alot from this one thing is that sugar is not my friend, once I have a taste I just want more and more. Two take care of yourself, you are all you have once the body is damaged it is hard to recover and weight is hard on the knees, for every 1 pound off your body it is 3 pound off your knees. Three take time to just be still, it is the best thing you can do for your mind, body and spirit.


Chow for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment