Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fat Girl Vs Phat Girl





This has been on my mind for quite sometime and I had a chance to revisit it last night as I was looking at pictures with my nephew I said" Why didn't someone tell me how fat I was?" Not that I didn't know but I was in that state of denial that we all visit when we think that we are so hot, but we are a hot unhealthily mess. I couldn't walk up 10 stairs without stopping and don't mention running.

About 5 years ago, my blood pressure was through the roof, I was tired, sad and thought I was the bomb. Now know that I was still in the flyest clothes and at that time I needed that to make me feel better about me. But no one took the time to tell me that I was unhealthy and that I need to take better care of myself. But after spending sometime with God and in prayer I now acknowledge that my body is a temple. That even if I will never be a size 10 I can still be in good health. By no means am I alittle girl but I am now a fit girl, my blood pressure is normal,I have tons of energy and I exercise everyday.

So now when I get dressed and look at myself in the mirror I know am a Phat Girl.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there, Girl. I don't think you would have listened to them if the message was sent. The message could have been clearly sent to you but you're weren't open enough to receive it.

    Just know that when it is time, the message will be sent to you in any form. It doesn't have to be by another person. It could be from a shopping trip to your favorite department store or a program on TV.

    ReplyDelete